C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Harris, Lynn C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:45:42 -0400
I imagine that your girlfriend is going to college so that she will be able
to go to work.  That distinction said,  she should contact the Dept. of
Rehabilitative Services in the state where she resides.  The state
vocational rehabilitation agency helps people with disabilities who want to
go to work.  In brief,  one has to be eligible based on existence of a
disability and the disability being the barrier to employment and the person
being able to benefit from DRS services or needing DRS services to become
successful in employment. DRS services are many and varied and determined by
each individual's needs.  College,  personal assistance services,  referral
and information about housing,  accommodations in school or the work place
are all possibilities.  Good luck.  I work at DRS in VA if you need more
information,  I would be glad to try to provide it.  Lynn