C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:31:37 -0600
Linda and Ken,

German POW's in Iowa did the same thing.  I don't know how many, if any,
were SS, but one of my mom's cousins ended up dating and marrying one of
these POW's who worked on the family farm.

The difference between the POW's at Guantanamo is that they were mostly
people who had entered the US legally at some point, and if war had not
been declared, would be subject to civil law for any crimes they might
have committed.  If we say that US law doesn't apply to _suspected_
criminals (of whatever type) who are not US citizens if their crimes
occur on US soil, what's to prevent a foreign country (Iraq, etc.) from
rounding up our citizens and preventing them from receiving due process?

>and since we are having history lessons, heres some
>more, at no time in our history has POW'S (and i do
>not even know if these qualify as POW'S) had
>constitutional rights. not a one of the 400,000 german prisoners in the

>u.s. had hebius corpus, hell, no tiime in history have they had the
>rights that this group have been afforded.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950