C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:13:49 EST
In a message dated 2/16/00 9:06:47 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Years ago I heard about another income that people with disabilities =
were
supposed to receive other than the SSI. It seems like it was sort of a
maintenance income. It is in the Rehab Act of  1973, I just don't know =
what
to look for. I would appreciate any help on this.

I've taught about the 1973 Rehab Act since it passed, wrote a chapter in a
text on it and have read it  through and through and it does not have a
provision for maintenance that I know. Now there was an Independent Living
Act which amended
the l973 Act which was passed in 1978. I don't know that much about. You
might look there.

Bobby Greer