C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:17:38 +0000
John,

You might check with a local independent living organization. In the past,
I've worked with people who channeled donations through the local IL,
because the donations are then deductible for the donor, as the IL was
incorporated as a non-profit. It works out well for the recipient as well,
because the only thing that might count against their asset limit is the
piece of equipment. It may work out well for the IL as well, because you
could set it up so that any donations beyond the cost of the
wheelchair/stroller could be donated to them. You could also do this with
another non-profit. I thought of IL first because I used to work for an IL,
and that's where I first saw the concept used.