C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammi Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:39:57 -0500
Hi,
My name is Tammi and I have a two year daughter with CP.  It's been almost
two years since we were told that she had CP and we have (Husband and I)
have been moving every since.  She goes to thearpy four times a week, not
to mention what we have to do at home.  Our daughter is totally dependent.
It takes her from an hour to an hour and a half to eat (any advice on how to
speed up feeding).  I've noticed lately that I haven't really had time to take in
are way of life.  I've been in reactive mold since learning of her disorder.  I've
internalize my anger, pain, frustration, and fear and know it is starting to hunt
me.  I am stressed, my hair is falling out, and I'm exhausted.  I'm seeing a
thearpist and working on the said issues, however, I've noticed how deep my
pain is.  Being a parent of a special needs child is overwhelming and very
challenging.  It seems like I'm always fighting the government and healthcare
insurance for what is rightful mine/hers.

Lately, I've been so exhausted and feeling like I am headed for a breakdown.
Any advice on how to cope and regain my strength?  I need to accept and
move on and I'm not doing that in a timly manner.