C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:42:41 +0800
Hey Mag and everyone, just met my job coach..... she's GREAT!!!!  So
nice and friendly, and not at all patronising.  She's going to try and
get me some work experience so I can brush up on my skills and get
used to being back in the workforce (haven't worked for 5
years....yikes!), then work towards getting me some parttime work.
I'm feeling SO good about all this.  At first when I considered
getting back into the workforce, I was very wary about it, several
years of pushing my self far too hard in my late teens-early twenties,
and five years of rejection by employers (I had many employers hang up
on me when I told them about the CP - I'm sure many on this list can
identify with that...), and being pressured by my parents (my mother
once suggested I should get a job as a check-out chick!!!), AND doing
all this with severe undiagnosed depression, had left me with a lot of
bad memories as far as job hunting went.

But now I feel a lot more confident and relaxed about it.

So back to studying for my exam, it's next Thursday, so lurk mode for
me till then.

Rayna

Actually, Bobby, could you put me on `no mail' for the moment - you guys
are FAR too distracting (in a good way!), for someone who has as
little self discipline as I do!

Thanks :-)