C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:02:45 EST
Kathy Jo, it sounds like you had a positive experience at Cornerstone.  I am
very glad for you!  Would it be possible, somehow, for you to live there on a
permanent basis?

Betty

In a message dated 11/12/2001 8:24:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>> I went to Respite at Cornerstone from November fifth to eleventh , while
my
 parents were on vacation at Branson.  Cornerstone is for people that need
help living. During the week I went to Day Service.  At Day Service , they
have classes in the mornings and other activities in the afternoons.  When I
first heard that I was going to have to take some classes , I thought Oh no
school again , but actually I liked all of my classes that week.

The first day , I went on a outing to Wal-Mart and out to eat at Pizza Hut.
I over spent and it was really a treat to eat at Pizza Hut!!    I took a
domestic housekeeping class on laundry and the other people that were in that
particular class were so funny to say the least.  Another class was about
Self-Awareness and
I had a lot of fun in there with another person that was taking that same
class with me.  I met a lot of nice people.  Cornerstone has nine permanent
homes plus the respite house.  I really wouldn't mind living there on a
permanent basis.<<