C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:11:43 EDT
I really didn't get the whole study thing until college (okay, community
college -- jr. college, college lite -- whatever). That's when I really began
to enjoy studying.  I would begin that right away, so that I could learn as
much as possible.  If I really was applying myself, most of the time between
the beginning and end of a writing assignment was spent falling in love with
subject matter, and trying to make it my own personal thing.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but I wish I had done things that way
long before I started to.  I never thought of the learning process as fun, or
enriching, or anything like that.  It's not only about getting the knowledge
into long term memory.  For me, it's what happens during the process itself.
It's a very uplifting experience.

Then, I have to take a nap for about two months.

Betty

In a message dated 10/19/2001 12:08:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I NEVER did papers or studying before it was NECESSARY!  Then I'd go to
>  study and think- if I don't already know it, I won't in the morning.
>  Studying wasn't too bad by that rule!  LOL
>

>                  ~~~~Paige

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."