C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:35:52 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/00 6:10:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I just
 hate Cerebral Palsy.

You should try to accept your CP. You may hate it but you will always have CP
and accept what you can and cannot do. You have a business at home which
keeps you busy. Do you like what you do or would you like to do something
else? What would you like to do that you cannot do?

There are times when I get frustrated and angry at what I cannot do and I
believe it is normal to feel that well as long as I do not dwell on it. I
always try to find ways to adjust to what I cannot do. I do not know how
severe your CP is but maybe a physical or occupational therapists can help
you do things or make adjustments in your daily life.  I always try to set
goals for myself and have something to look forward to.

I hope you realize that your life is important. I hope and pray you can feel
better about yourself. Please let us know if we can help you in any way

Stephen Allman