C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:57:58 EST
I guess I'm not the lone ranger then.  I used to be able to depend on my
memory for so much and I don't seem to be able to do that anymore.  Two
examples: Going into a room for something and forgetting what I want to get
once I'm there; not being able to remember appointments without writing them
down on the calendar.  I thought these things were happening because I wasn't
working anymore, and my mind wasn't as active.

I was a "child of the seventies" too (ahem).  That might account for some of
this forgetfulness.

Hey, what are you gonna do (she asked rhetorically)?  I have revived my day
planner and keep that going everyday now.  That old day planner was very
helpful at work because I was physically in so many places and didn't have a
calendar in front of me.
It was also helpful to keep notes on daily activities, meetings, etc.

Now it's helpful to remind me to do one thing or another, and to plan my days
so that they are as productive as possible.

In a message dated 11/26/2000 5:10:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> In a message dated 11/26/00 9:55:21 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>  << After a while I get sick of hearing it "don't you remember."  If I
>  remembered
>  I would not be asking the same stupid thing.
>   >>

>  Unfortunately we all get there, Betty! I can remeber a student from my
>  classes in the from the 1970's, but can't remember one from last year!!

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."