C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:39:41 -0400
Greetings All,

   I have to laugh becasue when I fill out forms  - I leave the Ms. Miss Mrs
blank. Why do they need anything in front of your name anyway? Today what
value does it have? None - so I lobby we get rid of that - period!  My
classes - oh..... I am now a adjunct at Northern Virginia Community College
( which just means part-time). I introduce myself to my classes as Trisha
Cummings which is the version I perfer. I let them resolve the issue of how
they refer to me. Its about 50/50 between - Miss Trisha and Professor, with
a few Ms. Cummings thrown - now and then. The really interesting note here
is - The males refer to me as Professor and the females as Miss Trisha. I
have found that respect is in how we treat someone and not what title we
stick n front of their name.

   Joy, another name to check out is Starhawk - she both a big Feminist and
Pagan Rights Activist. A note here is the Goddess movement and the Dianiac
Wicca are both heavily feminist pagan groups. Paganism has become the 7th
largest Religion is the US, lest you think there no legitimacy to this. This
according to Religious Tolerance people. Pagans do not discrimnate against
disabilities, gender or sexual orientation or other religions.

                                                  Brightest Blessings -
Trisha