C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Charles Darr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:04:43 -0500
Elaine, shortly after the Columbine shooting our HS in Michigan was shut
down for a day.  A rumor of a bomb going off on Friday even made the local
paper on it's Wed. publishing date..  Thursday night the janitor found what
turned out to be a faked bomb in one of the boys bathrooms.  Two
underclassmen were arrested and they admitted to what they thought was
nothing but a prank.  Neither have been allowed back in the school ( this is
the following year remember) and other local school districts refused to
take them as out of district students.  One has been able to receive home
bound services however because he was a special ed student before the
"stunt" and therefore the educational service agency is required by the IDEA
to continue providing services.  The swift justice and strict enforcement of
probation ( both broke probation within a couple of months and I believe are
back to court for eventual placement in juvenile facilities) I believe is
responsible for no further threats.  Hope they catch these kids.
Joanne