C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Annette Koonce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:57:24 -0700
Hi.....my name is Annie. I'm  62 year old woman in Arkansas who was born in Cape Town South Africa. My parents brought me to the States when I was three for treatment of my CP. I am a psychotherapist who was forced to retire in 1996 because I totally lost the use of my legs. I am now completely dependent on my daughter. (The state pays her to care for me). I am hoping to hear from other adults because so little is known about those of us who have CP in later life.

I read the 1993 article from the state of New York which was cited in a previous email. I must say I wasn't impressed by it.... surely there is some other information somewhere which is more current! Can anyone out there help?

Thanks so much. I can't wait to get to know y'all on the list.