C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 10:38:44 -0500
Trisha,

        Cerebral Palsy was first described medically by Dr. Thomas(?)
Little of London in a speech to the London Obsterical Society. I once saw a
copy of the Lancet Article in the Medical archives at Randolph AFB, Texas.
It is brilliant succinct description. In regard to intelligence, Little
said the CP could range from genius level on down to "spastic drooling
idiots". Many American "guru's" in CP chose to ignore Little reference to
genius and said he labelled all CP's as "spastic drooling idiots", thus
grabbing some glory at Little expense. For quite some time, CP was termed
Little's Disease.

So much for the mini-lecture.