C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:41:20 -0500
You're so right, Bobby!  I remember with shame that we physically disabled
kids at my elementary school used to make fun of the mentally-retarded kids
whom the school added classes for when I was in the fifth grade.  I remember
they had their own playground and we had ours, and woe to the one who trod
upon our territory.  Grade school kids are really bad.

Now, high school was worse for me, as I was the only physically disabled
student in a high school of 1,000 students (the biggest school I'd ever gone
to) in a small town in NC.  There I was virtually ignored for all my three
years there and I was so intimidated and so shy, I couldn't bring myself to
break down the barriers. :-(

Kat

Kat