C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:00:16 -0800
I think it's WAY too EARLY to be talking about Homes! We don't worry about that until after high school.  And if the area where you live does not have supported living services, where people over 22 can be supported 24 hrs a day so they can live in their home community, start looking into it.

It seems we all agree, Jessica, that doctors are not god, each child is different. Your son may just not be able to show you what he's capable of yet.
You will probably want to join the CPPARENT listserv, since we are mostly adults with CP here.

I am 54 (the 19th!) this month, and I live in my own condo - I have 8 hours of help a day, I am a writer and artist. I have quad cp athetoic. use a power wheelchair.

If you have funds try sone Fekdenkrais lessons. www.feldenkrais.com I have found them most useful in helping my walking, and speech.

Thanks,
Tamar

~~~~~~~~