C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karen K. Perlow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:57:18 EST
In a message dated 11/07/2000 4:47:49 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< oh, let me say, he may have been popular, but he is dead. missoury law in
 this case probably would run afoul of the constitutional requirments of
 running for the senate. probably you all will end up with a special election
 regardless of the vote today. i could be wrong, just an opinion and
 certainly don't affect me either way. >>

Ken,
I'm sure that the republicans have already been looking into a possible
challenge based on the constitution.As I understand it though, IF he wins ,
the governor then appoints someone ( in this case, his widow ) to fill the
senate seat until a special election in 2002.Of course, it may all be a moot
point by morning.We'll have to wait & see.
Karen