C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberlee Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:05:03 EDT
I agree completely, Pam.  I don't know, however, what they should be working
on that they are not.  I know that I work with him at home with flash cards
with letters, words, animals, sounds, etc., but I do not "test" him.  He
loves this kind of stuff, as well as books.  Part of the problem at school is
getting over the communication problems.  He's mostly using switches at
school, and some eye gaze, but because they think he's "inconsistent" in his
with inconsistency say more about them than about him.  I don't have that
problem at home.  I know when to quit a session (when he's tired or can't
focus), and when he's really ready to roll.  My biggest fear is that he will
get so frustrated that he will lose his motivation.  I want him to want to do
as much as possible (mentally and physically).

Kimberlee, mom to Stefan (4) and Alex (9)