C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:00:35 -0600
Deri,

I've got a single tooth implant (right lateral incisor - between the right
front tooth and right canine).  Its worked well for me.  My dentist and I
talked about a single tooth bridge, but since I use my teeth for everything
from opening envelopes to tying my shoes,we agreed the implant would be more
stable.

The only issue I've had with it is that since it doesn't fit perfectly
(although pretty darn well) against my natural teeth, I have to be careful
about things getting stuck.  I use a lot of mouthwash and floss daily around
that tooth (and all the others).  If either of these are difficult or
impossible for you - Janet has difficulty swishing liquids and spitting them
out; a small bridge might be worth considering.

I'd just started a new job that had a lot of public contact involved, so the
division of vocational rehabilitation helped with the cost for me.  Don't
know if you work with the UK analog to DVR, or if your job has much public
contact, but it might be worth checking into.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950