C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 00:11:23 EDT

having written my last email, i am going to seem insane, but realing the
email below, i have to ask
"why is it courageous for an adult to ask about a pwd?"  i see people  all
the time who make me wonder this or that, but I'd never invade their day by
asking personal questions.  i just know the world is full of all kinds and
really understanding a person comes only by getting to know them.  having  them
answer a few questions would only give me some facts and runs the risk of
irritating them.

if a person went up to an over weight person and started asking weight
related questions, that would be considered very rude.  if someone went up  to
people of certain races and asked racial questions, that would be very odd. i
could go on and on, but i do wonder why the feeling is pwd are obligated to
educate when other groups aren't held to that.

i really am going now - and i can see you all at my heels chasing me  out.

i wish you all well.

In a message dated 5/10/2008 11:58:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,