C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:44:54 -0300
I know that a lot of doctors here where I live order massage therapies for their
mobility disabled patients. My rehab doc does. And rheumatologists order it for
their fibro and RA patients.

Bottom line is that a healthy patient is a less costly patient. A script should
include 1-2 sessions a week. Over a period of weeks, if you find that once a
week is sufficient, go with that.

And, if you don't already have one, consider investing in a whirlpool tub.
Again, most insurance companies will cover those if they are prescribed by a
physician as part of an ongoing therapy program to manage a given disability and
to reduce long-term health costs.

Cheers!

Carla