C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:11:47 -0500
You're right, Anthony.  CP by itself doesn't cause problems later in life;
it's usually something else that is the underlying cause, like an infection
or injury.

In my case, it was stenosis in the cervical area of the spinal cord that
created the condition for a spastic bladder, not CP.  I had surgery for it 2
months ago and the spasticity in the bladder is gone.  Made the surgery
worthwhile just for that, I can tell  you!

The neurosurgeon thinks the stenosis resulted from an injury I sustained
five years ago, and told me the surgery would help any spasticity arising
from the injury and not the CP. He was too right.

    Kathy S.