C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 23:16:17 -0500
Kathy Jo,

To be honest with you, has anyone tried giving you just a five dollar bill,
having you tell them what you can all buy with $5 and in the end taking you
to a store to have you purchase whatever you may have named?  This is what
my parents actually did with me when I was a child to test out my
understanding of money and most importantly seeing if I receive the proper
change back.  And when I got older and had things like lights, heat, cable
tv, long distance calling, Internet and so on to pay for, they also taught
me that if I wanted those great things, I would have to pay and learn how to
budget for those costs.  I may have a credit card and those other great
things tonight, but I realize if I act stupid in the money spending
department tomorrow, those great things might likely get taken away.  And
just so you know, this rule has nothing to do with my Cerebral Palsy,
everybody even your parents have to follow this rule or things would begin
to get taken.  I once knew people (without disabilities), they had a great
big house and they lost it because of credit debt.  They lost everything,
the family business, and most importantly the ability of getting a bank loan
for at least 7 years.

Shanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.ara1.net