C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jonathan Rand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:15:01 -0500
actually, I think my situation is quite unique, when yor looking at the
general population.  there r far less disabled people than able bodied.  &
much less severely disabled that still r able to function “in the community”
if given the chance.  & I’m also ill.  I know, & hav met only 1 or 2 people
who’s disability is at my level, in all of new york city.  there r more, but
they r locked away, or hidden away by their families!  (Actually, I’ve seen
that family thing happening, personally).  the landlords lawyer told my
friend that any other landlord wud giv me a brake, but not this 1.  there r
apartments 4 able bodied & even mildly disabled people.  but there ARE NONE
for people like me.  I cant see or speak, or use my hands.  that’s unique.
I’m an activist.  I even did a radio sho on disability issues wen I cud
speak.  I know upwards of 100 disabled people at D.I.A., (Disabled in
Action), & I’ve known hundreds of disabled throughout the years.
99.99999999999% of them were the kind who’s legs don’t work.  otherwise,
they’re fine.  I’m sorry.  me and my situation?  it usually never gets this
far.

my “social workers” r so inept, it wud make good comedy if it weren’t so
sad.   my main social worker can’t even pronounce CEREBRAL PALSY!  its my
opinion that “smart” people don’t go in2 this field.  most of the people in
these agencies have big hearts, but very small brains.