C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 19:59:36 -0500
I understand where you are coming from.  Not only am I disabled but two of
my four children are.  My oldest is severe Learning Disabled along with a
disability that effects his behavior in society.  Then my youngest has a
host of physical and mental disabilities including CP.
And yes I have had to fight for my oldest to get educated, no one wanted to
take the time and teach him, they would rather write him off as a flunky and
he is only in the second grade.  He is finally getting the attention he
needs but I had to enroll him into a special school for that.
Now my youngest is getting EI, OT, PT, ST only because he has documented
disabilities.  MY oldest has just now at age 8 1/2 been approved for OT, PT,
and ST even though he needed back when he was two years old.
Society isn't aware of certain disabilities like the ones that my son's
have, but it is getting closer to becoming a part of society.
Deborah mom of 4