C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karen K. Perlow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:02:37 EDT
Christene,

    Feel free to vent anytime.That's part of the function of this list.I
don't think I ever saw a neurologist regarding my CP. I do have experience
with a wonderful one now though as my son is classic autistic.I remember our
1st visit( longer than 15 minutes) though was for a diagnosis & I was
devastated.He is very soft spoken & wasn't harsh in his delivery but was
honest in his expectations at the time.My son has exceeded them greatly &
we're always told whatever we & his teachers are doing, "Keep it up!" I think
you should do the same.It sounds like your son is making progress. I'm sure
his comfort level with his therapist has something to do with that. I have
figured out that many doctors must have flunked Listening 101 & Bedside
Manner 102 in medical school. I would stick with your current doctor. Just
out of curiosity, how did you happen to be referred to that doctor for a
second opinion ? I found that word of mouth is the most reliable referral you
can get.

Karen