C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:05:29 -0700
this is why i was against the holding of jose padilla.
hope i spelled his name right. he is an american
citizen and not like some of the others held at gitmo.
citizens get constitutional right, abe lincoln
violated this too. but that is history.
--- "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articlei.html#section9

> Gonzales did not argue that the US was in a state of
> emergency requiring
> suspension of the writ of habeas corpus, he argued
> that it did not exist,
> because it had not been affirmatively granted.  In
> my opinion, that's a
> stretch, even for the most rigid strict
> constructionist.
>
> http://www.jbs.org/node/3153
>
> More later....
> --
> Kendall
>
> An unreasonable man (but my wife says that's
> redundant!)
>
> The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the
> unreasonable one
> persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
> Therefore, all progress
> depends on the unreasonable man.
>
> -George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950

> list, go here: