C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Jo Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 09:27:40 -0500
Hi,

For those who are new , let me introduce myself , I was born on July 5,
1971.  It was a complicated birth. . .  I couldn't cry , breathe or suck.
 The doctors thought I would be a vegetable the rest of my life.  As a
result of all of this , I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at the age of
three a half .  I am very physically disabled because of all of this.  I
can't walk , talk , or feed myself in the 'normal way."  When I was four
years old , I was the Cerebral Palsy Poster child.  I went to Day Care for
that had disabilities and Early Childhood.  Then I went through all of
school.  When I was in fourth grade , I was put in to a special education
class in school. I used to to drool a lot and I had a surgery to stop that.
  When I was a freshman in high school , I had what looked like seizures
but actually it was suicidal attempts. I won the award for the outstanding
handicapped citizen for the state of Wisconsin.  I went to college and
double majored in Data Entry and Accounting.   I update telephone
directories for a living.  I do about twenty to thirty a year.  I do it
right from my home.   I also make and sell my own greeting cards.  As I
mentioned before , I have had a lot of problems with drepression and
suicide.  From 1992 to 1998 I was in counseling and from 1994-96, I was
hospitalized seven times because of this.  I was also hospitalized twice in
2000.  The reason of all of this is because I couldn't cope with having a
disability.  My family consists of a father , a mother and three brothers.
  I also have eight nieces and nephews.  I collect angels.  I'm really
involved on the Internet.  I'm on several of   ListServs.  I have a Home
WebPage .  It is at http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/.

This spring , I have had a hard one with my depression.  For in April , I
have just realized that my disability is more less permanent.  Everyday for
fifteen years (usually twice a day) I was told by two of my best friends
that I would walk and get over Cerebral Palsy later in my life.

I have a prayer request.  This is for Ronda (Kelly) Schuster.  Ronda has
had several of operations in three different hospitals this month and she
will have another surgery this Friday.  Ronda has parasites and diabetes.
 She might be also be faced with a divorce.

This spring , I have given two handicapped speeches.