C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:59:16 -0400
Hi Kathy Jo,

        No, not that I know of.

        I was 4 weeks premature, and 4lbs 7oz, and sick when I was born. I had to have special formula, and threw-up a lot, and later had braces and special shoes, I was a very sickly child, didn't speak for years, etc. I am not sure in 1953, in Germany, what medical care was like.

        I do know - I was born illegimate ( I am an American soldiers love child) - we lived in a refugee home for many years when I was little. My mother worked for the Americans and my Grandmother did something - which I simpy don't remember what. We shared a room with another family - a grandmother and her two grandchildren. As my mother had illegally crossed the German east/west boundary and simply never gone back - she was somewhat outside the scope of legal stuff in Germany, plus all her records where lost in the war, so whatever they had for refugees, was what we had. When she wanted to marry my step/adopted father - her mother had to swear in court that she had given birth to my mom - becasue my mother had no birth certificate - so she couldn't prove she was born.

        Amber - my very beloved daughter - does have CP. She is a Right Hemi.

                                               Trisha