C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 13:31:39 -0400
Hi Stephen,

Of shared name and city, seems you just got "proof positive" about
helping
and advising people.

On this list nobody knows if anybody has CP.  We don't really know what
CP
"is" though we think we know.  We humans don't really know much about
being
human when you think about it.  But what we know will have to do.
Otherwise
we couldn't even begin to share to this extent.

I've been wanting to lay Kathy out for quite some time and haven't quite
been up to the time and energy to say all that I think and feel.
Physical
limitations seem to bug the hell out of her; any number of us, including
me
the more now,  have to deal with these realities.  I think they make a
Grand
Canyon of life possibilities even within the CP community.  I'm much on
Kathy's side on this one.

If you reread Kathy's statements she wrote she has CP so it seems to me
you
made an not altogether inappropriate inference.  It was perhaps as much
"how" you approached her as "what" you said that got you her response.
Maybe another of life's lessons in the importance of being earnest.

While I never pretend to speak for the list members, you owe me no
apology,
especially for assuming I may have CP.

S.