C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:35:22 -0400
No, we're *not* spending more on education, we're spending less and it's
hurting.  I've been reading of budget cuts for local school systems that
are hurting the systems so badly they've had to turn to the parents for
money for basic supplies.  Now these budget cuts are at the state and
local levels, not the federal.  So where is all this extra money going?

There are some parts of the country where parents have sold blood to
commercial blood banks to raise money for their kids' schools, giving
new meaning to the term 'blood money.'

I'm totally disgusted with the Bush Administration and its lack of
fiscal accountability.

Kat