C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:08:10 EST
Dear Kyle, Carla, and everyone who offered suggestion to me last week,

I did read all your posts, and I appreciate the time you took to write them.
I apologize for not replying until now.

Kyle, I spoke with my dentist who confirmed that it was okay to take two
percosets at a time if necessary.  Brother, it was necessary for a couple of
days.  Truth to tell, after all the pain I suffered over the weekend, I
didn't mind the euphoric feeling I got from taking that much percoset.

Carla, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that not all root canals are
necessary.  I am also convinced that the need for some root canals are
created right in the dentist's chair.  I can't prove it but I am firmly
convinced that this is so.  I once worked as a dental assistant and the vast
majority of set ups I did for appointments were root canals set ups --
hmmm...  What, pray tell, is to stop the dentist from drilling to the point
where he or she exposes the nerve(s)?  Dentin is not impervious to drill
bits.  I will go to the website you told me about too.  I am very interested
in this subject and the comments you had to make.  I am also aware of the
controversy surrounding mercury in old fillings.  At the moment though, I'm
not sure that I would recommend that people make a mad dash to the dentist to
have their old fillings removed.  In fact, I don't have the knowledge in this
area to recommend one thing or another.

I've known my dentist for nearly 20 years, and have been going to his
practice since I was 12 (except when I lived away from this area).  I'm 42
now, and experience with this man makes me feel confident about his
competency and ethics.  I do not feel that way about all dentists, however.
They are not all "created equal."  The three teeth that my DDS is working on
now have been in need of work for well over a year, and I've had pain off and
on for a long time.  It's just that my needs were kind of put aside in favor
of my Mom's needs last year.  I would say that he has been able to stave of
several root canals over the years.  I and my pocketbook are grateful.

Oil of clove -- I'm still looking for it.  A number of people suggested that
and the numbers tell me that there must be something to it.

Steve, your suggestions were interesting.  I enjoyed reading them -- THANKS!

Thank you everyone.

Betty