C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy C Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:53:20 -0700
Joy,

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.  Don't mean to
scare you, but be prepared to fight for what you need!  I was in a
similar situation when I graduated high school.  I went to a Special Ed
school for part of the day and a regular school the other part.  My main
school, the one I was involved with the most, was the Special Ed school.
Most of the students there wouldn't be going on to college.  Either they
would stay at home or go to a sheltered invironment.  Only like a handful
of us students would actually go out into the "real world."  We had to
learn those skills of self-advocacy for ourselves.

Cindy