C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Darr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:59:19 +0000
IS 62 good? What do they want the LDL to be?
Yes indeed it's buyer beware Bobby. Rx drugs however have a data base of
research and lists side effects that can happen. Supplements aren't required
to ( although I think there had been talk about the FDA about requiring more
precise labeling). It's all about making an informed decison and research
has to go behind the hype of the person trying to sell it to you. I swear by
milk of magnesia for Alex's delayed gastric emptying. We went through the
laundry list of Rx drugs to help with his motility and each caused him harm.
MOM was lived up to it's commercial of being safe and gentle :). I'm wasn't
trying to say OTC supplements were bad just that you need to inform yourself
as well as work with your doctor to make sure it doesn't interfer with what
he is trying to accomplish either.
Joanne

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Bobby G. Greer, Ph. D." <[log in to unmask]>

test showed my LDL's to be 62! So, Lipitor does its job, but depletes energy
from my muscles.  Any medication is taken at some risk. Buyer beware.

Bobby