C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Lahiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:19:45 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/01 5:40:28 AM EST, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< the occasional times I did have assistive equipment of any kind
 (typewriter, three wheeled large tricycle) they made me let my brother
 and sister have a go on them so they wouldn't feel left out, or like I
 was getting special treatmen >>
Wow Rayna, it seems our family was two in the same!  The reason I mentioned
me being ungrateful was because The did send me to summer camps that I knew
had to cost them money, because I was away for 6 weeks of the summer.
When I now talk to my close ones about that, they think my parents did that
so they didn't have to deal with me..One summer when I was 11, I went to camp
and when I returned, I had found out that my family had gone on a 3 week
vacation to disney!!!!!..When I asked why I wasn't "invited", they said I
wouldn't have had fun anyway... to this day When I see those pix...with my
twin sister and mickey...it makes me sick..
My twin sister was born 50 hrs before I was, she was perfect..I was not..
After some major self therapy..I have concluded that maybe my family as a
resentment of some sort because I was "the sick one"..sorry for "venting"
again!!!!!!!
Jenn