C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 00:48:13 EDT
Hi everyone-

I just wanted to let you all know what was going on with me.  Actually I
neeed to vent a little so be forewarned.

The week started out prety good.  Then came Tuesday.  Actually the day of
tusday was not to bad it was tuesday night that was the kicker.  I went to
the doc on tuesday afternoon and my bp was up to 150/110!   So he put me on
an ace inhibitor and I am to have my bp checked every week for the next 3
weeks and I have another apointement with him on the 3rd week.

Dr. Joseph says that the bp thing may be ideopathic because I started having
problems when I was only mildly stressed back in febuary.  IT's probably a
combination of things.  At least we are working on geting it under controll.
Also for some of you long time list members you know stress is nothing new in
my life as my mom had cancer 4 years ago now and my grand parents moved from
alabama to dallas just up the street from my mom and dad's only 3 years ago.
You would have thought that the bp thing would show up before now taking hat
into account.  Oh well it is here now so I just have to deal with it.

Tuesday night at about 8:30 my mom calls.  I have been asking her to give me
the times for all the various events srounding the wedding (my brother is
geting maried on July 8 and I am in the wedding).  She finaly was able to pin
everything down.  Are you reday?  Here it is.

July 6: Final Exam in the English class I am taking in summer school.
July 7: 5:55 am (MST) am be at air port
           6:55 am (MST) take off from pocatello idaho to salt lake city
change planes and fly to chicago
           2:36 pm (CST) arive in chiacgo "the windy city" @ ohare
           6:00 pm (CST) rehersal dinner
           9:15 pm (CST) wedding rehersal @ church in mid town chicago after
which we return to the hotel which is out by ohare.
July 8: 12 noon wedding followed by reception
July 10: 8:00 am leave chicago and drive to dallas
July 11: Afternoon arive in Dallas.

Then July 28th were leaving Dallas and driving back to pocatello.

And my mom says don't stress about this???  I aM going to be lucky if I can
even sit up half way through that itenery (the part from the 7-11th).  And
that blood presure reading was taken before I found out about the full extent
of this itenery.  I told her how high my blood presure was and she asked why
it was so high.  I simply replied that I did not know.  Then she says "oh by
the way could you possibly look up apatite stimulation as they are taking big
daddy (my grandfather) off the feeding tube".  And I am like shure mom
anything you need.    And thinking to my self why dose she need to ask why my
bp is so high.  LOL.    I don't mind lookiing stuff up for them and
facilitating things for them after all that is what I do on CPIC for all of
our visitors.  The difffrence is that I have years of experience working with
people with cp, I have read tons of litrature about it, and I have been
living with cp my entire life--now I have no experience in cardiac rehab or
end stage cancer, very little with the geriatric population which is all very
diffrent from my specialtiy if you will of CP and related disorders.  Now if
he had had a stroke I would have no second thoughts but that's about the only
thing he hasn't had and so thus he is way out of my leage.  But my mom says
"Oh anee you know more about this stuff then all these people who are spose
to know about this do."  And I say "mom I may know more about CP then some of
them do but they know more about what is going on with your father than I
do."    But she is in the phase of hearing what she wants to hear.  So let it
be.

Yours,

Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC