C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 18:25:42 -0600
Ken,

As far as the thought issues, have you been under any particular stress,
or does it seem to be more noticeable during times of stress?  Or, are
there any other events that seem to make the "word finding" difficulties
more pronounced?  I'm not a speech therapist (don't even play one on
TV), but it sounds almost like a form of aphasia.  I read an article
earlier today on a round table from 1997 on CP, which revisited whether
CP is a progressive disability or not.  One of the main participants was
June Isaacson Kailes, who is fairly well known in the lit.  The link to
that is:

http://www.jik.com/awcp.html

As far as the visual issues, I've noticed similar episodes myself,
particularly after looking at a bright light either directly or
indirectly.  I think the experience you had in the dentist's office is
called retinal after-imaging, where your eyes have to take a few seconds
to adapt to a change in light conditions.  I remember that you work(ed)
at CDC; during that time did you do much microscopy?  That would
definitely add to eye fatigue, and possibly permanent changes.

On either issue, if they aren't better by the time you read this, I'd
recommend talking to your doc.

Kendall
I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
-Arthur Hays Sulzberger