C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 00:53:29 EDT
Bonnie,

        We had coffee(Chicory) and binets at Cafe Du Monde, and it is open
air on Decatur St. Also went to a great old time Dixie Land jazz club on
Bourbon St., then took a cab over to the cafe. Bourbon St. is no place for an
old man on Saturday night.
The ladies are up on the balconies displaying their "wares", if you get my
drift! Had a great time riding the train. It beats air travel by a country
mile. Our seats in coach had 2 1/2 times the space of first class  on a
plane! And no one treated you like a hijacking terrorist. Met some really
neat people also. It was a ball and I am considering who to write to
re-direct some Federal dollars going to airlines into re-developing our rail
system. Our train, the City of New Orleans  was pretty  accessible and they
let person with disabilities board early. When got back in Memphis, we left
the train with our luggage and walked 100 feet or so to our car. The Station
in Memphis shares its space with the downtown police precinct, so you car is
safe and the parking lot is buzzing with police cars, so it is very safe to
walk there even at night!

Bobby