C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:12:17 -0500
Kyle,

        I forgot to tell you last week that I spoke with a friend who is an
opthmalogical surgeon. He said synethesia as you describe it is a common
phenomena in parietal/occipital insult such as a CVA.

        On the other "sex-linked" thing. That thinkling goes way back to a guy
named John Money at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He theorized the male had
better
directional sense than females. I doubt that it is sex-linked, but more the
particular method of socializing the different sexes in our society. I
taught my daughter how to drive when she was 12. I did not want her in a
situation she could not get out of because she did not know how to drive.
Anyway, she has better directionality than her mother or brother.

Bobby