C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:42:53 -0500
David,
Could you let this person know that there are many types of Medwaiver
programs out there that vary from state to state.  There is often a
community waiver for medical issues and another program that helps keep
people with disabilities out of long term care instituions.  It may take
several calls to find out who to talk to for either program.  Here in
Florida there are also Developmental Disabilities funding if you can get for
people.
Sometimes the problem is that the Medwaiver program is only set up for
people with specific diagnosis such as Mental retardation, cerebral palsy,
Spina Bifida, Prader-Willi, and Autism here in Florida.

Beth T. the OT
Subject: Re: Automatic Medicaid for EVERY disabled person?