C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joan m wallyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 07:28:28 -0600
Jonathon -- Not sure exactly what kind of sexual behavior you are
referring to.  I can say that the greastest gift you can give yourself is
to make sure that your partner is caring, considerate and understanding
of your situation. That will decrease stress and anxiety and therefore
muscle tension.  It will also allow you the freedom to experience
everything with a clear mind (kind of stumbled there!)

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 06:03:42 -0500 Jonathan Rafael Alexander
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I have cerebral palsy and as I have gotten older I have discovered a
>few
>things regarding my cerebral palsy that I did not realize was there.
>This
>involves my sexuality. What I was worried about is the physical
>problems that
>I have coming out in in a moment where I would be an intimate
>situation which
>would make the physical aspects of sex difficult. This is very hard
>for me to
>talk about so bear with me here.
>     I am considering buying a sexual aid to help with the physical
>aspects
>of  intercourse. Every book I have ever read has dealt with things
>that I am
>not sure I could do physically. So the aid would help with that.
>      I know some might read this and think well I have cerebral palsy
>as
>well and it has not affected me. But I think mine is going to have an
>affect,
>I guess I have come to the conclusion that I should stop asking
>questions
>about what other people with CP have and decide on my own if it
>affects me.
>Since it is such a broad thing to have.
>      I live with my parents and I guess I am worried about what to
>say when
>the large box comes in. I am 26 so I think I am entitled to deal with
>things
>like intimacy on my own. I just need to be able to kindly tell my
>family to
>just not ask and leave some things to be just mine. What advice can
>you all
>give me here?
>Sincerely,
>Jonathan Alexander

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]