C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2016 00:30:32 -0700
It doesn't always, but it can start when you get older even if you didn't
hsve it before.  Ability to "hold it" can diminish with age if there is
underlying bladder spasms.  If you have an increase in incontinence the
first thing you want to rule out is a bladder infection.  If thats not it,
your doctor might have you give a specimen and then do an ultrasound to see
how much is left in your bladder.  The more left over, the sooner you need
to "go" again, and if you have bladder spasms you may be more likely to
have an accident.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.