C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:31:25 -0400
Thanks, Bobby. I sometimes think we all were too easy on him - being
"co-dependents," I believe is the term.  We made excuses for him and cleaned
up after his messes.  It would have been far better if we had let him suffer
the consequences fully and confronted him, and maybe, just maybe he would
have gone clean.  This is a circle that goes about in my head every year.
<sigh>

As you can tell, I'm a firm believer in "tough love" when it comes to
alcohol and drugs.   Thanks for understanding.

Kat