C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:59:12 -0700
i had to take one more peek before bed. i am adicted
to you guys, you know that. i was up at 4:30 this
morning still awake, so i must get to bed.

you are right deri, my references to the tax avoidance
being in the present system does not answer your
point. however your bringing up tax avoiders is not
really a good arguement against the system either.

i wish i owed a million dollars in taxes every year.
it would mean that i would be rich. i might be an
idiot, but a rich idiot and paying someone to do
things i have to do for my self.  now while i feel
that way, i know others would try to avoid tax.i'd
think if you went back in history and found the day
the first tax was levied, you'd find that the next day
there was the first tax avoider trying to avoid
paying. it would be no more grievious in the fair tax
than it is in the income tax. you'll have tax
avoidance in any system. this one would be no
different in that aspect.

having said that, and i have no statistics i would
think that it would be easier in the present system to
hide income than to hide the purchase of some goods
and avoid a tax at every purchase. i mean it would
probably be easier to shuffle income around between
ofgf shore accounts than to hide the fact that i am
driving a new rolls royce around anniston, alabama. or
to shuffle funds around those off shore accounts than
to hide the fact that just yesterday i parked a lear
jet at peachtree dubwoody airport. i could be wrong, i
just think it would be harder in the fair tax system
than the present. but. i am sure there would be people
who tried.

oh by the way, there are some democrat congressmen
that support this if it can be passed without the
republicans getting credit for it. i am willing to
give the democrat party credit if they step up and do
it. if i did not honestly think it would help more
poor perple than it hurt, i'd not be for it.

good night guys. have a good one. be back tomorrow.

=== message truncated ===