C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:59:48 -0500
We have a little girl we are adopting who is 7 and has Cerebral Palsy,
Epilepsy, Severe Autism, Severe MR, and legally blind without her glasses.
She is very attention seeking and she is also very oppositional.  She bites,
kicks, pinches, hits, and screams, if she is by herself at all, in her room,
outside.  She will after having to do something for more than 5 to 10
minutes, do this with her family and school authorities around without being
alone if we do not change her activity before than.  She did not talk until
4 1/2 but is learning to communicate and responds very little back, but is
getting there.  She goes to a State school and they see the same things.  We
work with her extensively here at home and they also do the same at school.
She is definately a child that we daily have to try to figure where she is
coming from but has come such a long way.  If I can be of any help please
let me know.  Sincerely, Toni