C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 01:56:06 -0500
Stephen:

You're lucky your condition was diagnosed early and properly.  You're
also lucky that the exercises help.  Sometimes discs repair, exercise
restores elasticity, and strong muscles stabilize the area.

I also went through exercise programs.  They didn't work.  I also went
through seven years of worsening chronic pain and cervical
deterioration.  You may be at the early stages of a worsening situation.
For your sake, I hope not.

My friend is responsible for his own life and decisions.  I wish him
well.  I'm not him or his doctors.  From what I know about him, I
don't think an exercise program will help.  I'm also not qualified to
diagnose or advise him what to do.

For me the damage to my arms, legs, and spinal cord has already been
done.  I'm trying to recover something of what I lost physically.  I am
seeing several doctors.  I also face life threatening neurosurgery to
remove, replace, and fuse anterior cervical bone pressing nearly onto my
spinal cord.  The docs aren't very optimistic about the results.

Thanks for your suggestions.  Perhaps with you and Chester inspiring me,
I'll learn to think more positively.

Steve M.