C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"greer.bobby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:18:07 -0500
I've never experienced memory problems in general until old age set in I'm 62.
There
 are specific types of memory problems sometimes associated with brain injury.
One type is anomia, specifically  dealing with memory difficulties involving
nouns or names.
I have been teaching for 33 years and I can remember my students' names from
long ago, but not recently. That has nothing to do, in my opinion, with CP,
just old age.
When I was young I had a phenomenal memory, since I did not write fast. I could
jot down 3 words a professor said and then recall the entire discussion. Oh how
I long for the good old days.

Bobby