C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:47:56 -0700
PETA bases a lot of their arguments on Peter Singer's "ethical"
teachings.  Singer is also the guy that proposes that parents of babies
born with severe disabilities be allowed to decide in the first month of
life whether the baby is allowed to live or not.  Not Dead Yet protested
his appointment as Chair of Bioethics at Princeton 4 years ago.  He's
still there, but on sabbatical this year.  Singer's mother has
Alzheimer's, which Singer holds as another category of people who
society in general, and their families specifically, have the right to
decide whether their quality of life is sufficient to justify their life
continuing.  Singer says, that it's a choice he would not make for his
own mother.

Kendall Corbett