C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:50:53 -0600
John,

I agree with Meir and Kat; an EEG is a good first step, and based on
the results of the EEG, an MRI may tell more.  She may be falling to
"the non-stroked side" after seizures because of "left-over electrical
activity."  If it doesn't clear up - is she able to sit up straighter
after a while; that may indicate structural change, but I'm not a
neurologist.  I'm speaking mostly from personal experience -spastic
diplegic CP since birth, a stroke resulting in left hemiplegia at 16.

--

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950