C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:01:47 -0500
>Too true!  That's why I stand behind McCain's comments re: Falwell and
>Robertson.  Although, Falwell has been making some overtures of grace
>lately.  Robertson and his ilk, on the other hand, make me sick to my
>stomach with their false piety.  Nothing like beating someone over the head
>with a bible to make Christianity savory, eh?  Reminds me of the old story
>where the religious leader prays, "Thanks, God, that I'm not like that nasty
>old tax collector over on the corner."  Meanehile the tax collector prays,
>"Please, God, have mercy on me...a sinner."

        In my mind, both Falwell and Robertson are made of the same cloth
as were the Pharises of Christ's time. I am not what most would call a
"true Christian", but I have found that applying the teachings of Jesus
vis-a-vis one's fellow men, you rarely do harm. "Judge not..", "Do unto
others..." and "Love thy neighbor", etc.

Bobby